Tuesday 3 August 2010

Is Forex trading = Gambling?

I don’t think so. Many say trading in forex is like gambling, I don’t think so. But after observing the market, I starting to think it might be true? The market will move whatever way it wants. The technical indicators can’t predict the market movement. Maybe 40% of the times technical indicators are right about the movement. The market will give a sudden move on which ever direction it wants. The fundamental indicators and news not doing much better also, many times the market will move in another direction despite the news saying otherwise. But trading forex is not like gambling. In gambling, the statistic is on the house side, no matter which game. The house always wins. However in forex trading we can turn the statistic to our side. This is where Money Management and Risk control comes in. Proper risk management can decrease our loss. When I first learning I do not know the importance of these steps. After some times I finally understand why the most important is not our enter / exit strategy, but is our money management and risk control.